This four hr class consist of in class training and two hrs on the road all for $85 per hr.
. KNOW YOUR CAR – KNOW YOUR BRAKES
. IF I JUST DRIVE SLOWLY I DON’T NEED SNOW TIRES… RIGHT?
. TEST ROAD CONDITIONS FREQUENTLY
. USE GRIP (TRACTION) EFFICIENTLY
Winter driving tips
The following precautions can make any trip safer during the winter:
• Tune up and winterize your vehicle.
• Check the tread on your tires and consider installing snow tires.
• Clean snow and ice off your vehicle and ensure your headlights and windows are clear.
• Give yourself extra time to reach your destination.
• Reduce your speed and turn on your headlights.
• Drive defensively.
• Leave extra distance between you and the car ahead of you.
• Leave 10 metres distance—about three car lengths—between your vehicle and the working sanders, graders and other snow removal equipment.
• Do not pass working sanders or equipment.
• Listen to your local radio station for traffic and weather updates.
• Consider delaying your trip until the roads are in better condition.